Drop Rail SCUD SUP Surf / 6'6"x31" 112L/ 6’8"x31" HV 143L
30 Day Guarantee & Refund Policy
30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
If, within 30 days from the purchase date, you try a board or any Hydrus product and aren’t entirely satisfied with the craftsmanship and performance you are welcome to send it back for a full refund. As long as the product doesn’t show abnormal wear and tear, we will offer you the choice of either a 100% refund of the product purchase price or 110% in-store credit.
-According to our 30-day Return Policy, please retain all product packaging and tags until you're delighted with the condition and performance of your purchase. Please return all product packaging and tags with your item.
Hydrus unconditionally guarantees all products we sell to be free from defects of workmanship. We will gladly replace or refund any defective items you wish to return according to the terms of our Limited Warranty. -Details below.
HOW DO I RETURN MY ITEM(S) OR FILE A WARRANTY CLAIM?
Contact our customer service department by phone or Email to email@example.com. Our customer service hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm MST.
A Hydrus Customer Service Representative will process your request and assist you with return shipping.
HOW WILL REFUNDS BE ISSUED?
Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment.
WHAT IF I NO LONGER HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE?
Merchandise returned without proof of purchase of any kind will only be offered a store exchange at the current selling price.
FILING A PRODUCT WARRANTY CLAIM
To expedite the filing process, be sure to contact us right away.
While we are happy to assist you with the completion of your claim, we will need pictures of the damaged item before it is repackaged and returned to us. A photograph must confirm product defects.
Please note, the defective product must be located in the Continental United States or shipping charges may not be covered by the warranty and must be paid for by the claimant.
ITEMS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY:
- Products showing wear from Commercial use.
- Cosmetic issues.
- Products purchased from vendors other than Hydrus without proof of purchase or a verifiable age of the product.
- Boards purchased in used condition without a verifiable age.
- Any customer-initiated modifications to the surface of the board.
SURFBOARDS, PADDLEBOARDS, AND INFLATABLE PADDLE BOARDS (iSUPs), CROSSBOARDS AND POWDER SURFBOARDS
Limited Lifetime Warranty on all Hydrus branded boards. We guarantee against any abnormal defect in workmanship and materials within this period. At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to either have the defective part or product professionally repaired, or replaced with an equivalent product at no cost to you. This warranty commitment does not cover claim conditions listed below and requires proof of purchase.
THIS WARRANTY COMMITMENT FOR SURFBOARDS, PADDLEBOARDS AND INFLATABLE PADDLE BOARDS (iSUPs) DOES NOT COVER CLAIM CONDITIONS SUCH AS;
- Damage or defects caused by impact with any materials or objects (rocks, docks, other boards, etc.).
- Damage or defects caused by use outside of its intended purpose.
- Damage or defects caused by normal wear and tear.
- Damage or defects caused by transport, loading, unloading, dropping, or out of water handling. Including marks left by over tightening transport straps.
- Damage or defects caused by heel dents, also known as pressure dings.
- Damage or defects caused by inappropriate storage in temperatures over 95°F.
- Damage or delaminations caused by overheating as a result of exposure to direct sunlight while not in use.
- Damage or defects caused by wave impact and/or impact with ocean/lake floor.
- Damage or defects caused by storage of the board in closed, damp conditions (example a wet board bag).
- Boards used in a rental, commercial, or teaching environment.
- Damage to fin, fin box, foil mounts, mast mounts or rod holders.
- Wear or peeling of foam traction pads. Wear is considered a normal part of use and infrequent repair is considered a normal part of board maintenance.
Limited Lifetime Warranty on all Hydrus paddles from date of purchase. We guarantee against any abnormal defect in workmanship and materials within this period. At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to either have the defective part or product professionally repaired, or replaced with an equivalent product at no cost to you.
THIS WARRANTY COMMITMENT FOR PADDLES DOES NOT COVER CLAIM CONDITIONS SUCH AS;
- Damage or defects caused by impact with any materials or objects (rocks, board, etc.).
- Chips, cracks or separation of the blade due to a result of impact with any object(s).
- Damage due to falling on the paddle.
- Paddle sinking.
- Damage or defects caused by use outside of it’s intended purpose.
- Damage or defects caused by transport, loading, unloading, dropping, or out of water handling.
- Damage due to normal wear and tear.
- Damage or defects caused by wave impact and/or impact with ocean/lake floor.
- Improper installation of the handle.
- Breakage or damage as a result of overextending the adjustable shaft.
- Breakage or damage of adjustable mechanism due to improper use and/or maintenance.
- Paddles used in a rental, commercial, or teaching environment.
Limited Lifetime Warranty on all Hydrus branded bags and backpacks. We guarantee against any abnormal defect in workmanship and materials within this period. At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to either have the defective part or product professionally repaired, or replaced with an equivalent product at no cost to you.
THIS WARRANTY COMMITMENT FOR BAGS DOES NOT COVER CLAIM CONDITIONS SUCH AS;
- Tears, rips or holes caused by collision or abuse.
- Zipper damage caused by misuse or improper care and maintenance.
- Damage due to normal wear and tear.
Electric ISUP PUMPS sold by Hydrus
60 Day Manufacturer Limited Warranty on all iSUP pumps from date of purchase. We guarantee against any abnormal defect in workmanship and materials within this period. At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to either have the defective part or product professionally repaired, or replaced with an equivalent product at no cost to you.
For use with the Electronic iSUP pump, please wait 5 minutes between filing inflatable boards or until the electric pump has cooled and is not warm to the touch.
60 Day Manufacturer Limited Warranty on all leashes from date of purchase. We guarantee against any abnormal defect in workmanship and materials within this period. At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to either have the defective part or product professionally repaired, or replaced with an equivalent product at no cost to you.
THIS WARRANTY COMMITMENT FOR LEASHES DOES NOT COVER CLAIM CONDITIONS SUCH AS:
- Damage or defects due to use outside of it’s intended purpose.
- Damage due to normal wear and tear.
- Damage due to fin cuts.
- SUP leashes are not covered for use in the surf zone.
SHIPPING TRANSIT TIMES
We strive to get all orders out within two business days from our US warehouse. All transit times listed below are estimated based on business days*. Please note the transit days below are supplied as an estimate, and are not guaranteed.
*Customer is responsible for setting delivery appointment and delivery is contingent on consignee availability. Please allow for an additional one to two business days for delivery to Beyond Areas – any address further than 65 miles outside a major metropolitan city.
Shipping rate are subject to the best rates we are able to obtain from major carriers. Customers are responsible for the additional shipping charges for expedited options and shipments to Hawaii and Alaska.
We currently do not offer any international shipping options, we apologize for any inconvenience.
We take pride in our packaging and do everything we can to properly package each item to ensure your order will arrive in the same condition as it left, undamaged. In rare circumstances, outside of our control, an item may show up with damage incurred while in transit.
VISIBLE DAMAGE UPON RECEIPT
Upon delivery please inspect the box and contents for any visible signs of damage before signing for and accepting the shipment. If you find any damage to the contents, please refuse the shipment by writing “Refused due to damage” on the BOL and return the shipment to the driver.
DAMAGE AFTER ACCEPTING SHIPMENT
If you have signed for and accepted the shipment, then noticed damage to your item, you have three (3) business days to file a claim from date of delivery – any claims filed outside of this window may result in the customer being responsible for shipping charges.
FILING A SHIPPING CLAIM
Our customer care team will be sure to help you out.
SCUD - SUP Surf
River and Wake Surf SUP
Hand-built in Eagle, Idaho USA.
Welcome to the SCUD SQUAD! This paddle surfboard is a board that breaks new ground.
Plenty of short surfing Paddle Boards have been built before... The unique bottom contours, rail outline, rocker, and Armalight Construction set this board apart.
This board is also perfect for riders who are looking for the performance and feel of a hard surfboard versus inflatable yet still need durability! The Drop Rail SCUD may be the highest performing paddle surfboard you've ever seen!
- For areas where your board will meet rocks, Armalight Construction is the only choice for the rider that needs higher performance than an iSUP.
- If you are a looking for a lighter weight, lower volume and insanely high-performance short paddle surfboard.
- Vent/Handle System: 2018 Models come with a custom Hydrus Carbon Fiber Handle with Self-Regulating Gore-Tex Vent
- Fin System: Quad-fin set up with the all-new (starting 2020) Hydrus, FCS compatible, River fin box construction. *fins not generally included.
- Traction: Custom Hydrus Traction Pad
- Construction: USA Hand Made in Eagle Idaho. Proprietary Armalight™Composite / Fusion EPS Construction
DROP RAIL SCUD (For Custom Sizing Contact Us)
Drop Rail SCUD - 6'6"x31" 112L, 6'8"x31" 143L
Our Story and Pricing
Started in 2013, by two brothers a few close friends, and the dream to build small batches of premium boards with fresh ideas, responsible manufacturing, and a customer-friendly approach.
We are a local co. just outside of Boise, Idaho, a city surrounded by beautiful lakes and rivers. Hydrus is quickly becoming known for personal service, extreme durability, new ideas, clean looks and our premium products.
“Great boards, great service, good pricing and a company with a conscience!" -Tim M. Owner of a JoyRide XL Inflatable.
“Hydrus is the best! Amazing quality! I have 3 boards now and wouldn't even consider buying anything else! Hydrus rocks!!!” - Greg H. -Owner of two Hydrus iSUP’s and an Armalight Board.
“River surfing is hard on equipment, and this board has hit rocks a ton of times. Its durability is unmatched...” -Derek D. Owner of a Revo SUP and ToughBlade Paddle
In typical Hydrus fashion, we take a new approach to sales. A Community Direct approach. We promote all that make our sport and community stronger. Referrals are the most authentic sales. We spend very little on marketing but instead rely on word-of-mouth and the quality of our products. Then, we give back to those who support us by way of the best service possible.
Over the last few years, we've invented Armalight Construction, CrossBoards, composite re-inforced iSUP’s, Tough Blade Paddles and boards with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
From the beginning we’ve had a different mission for Hydrus. We are all about supporting the sports we love and our community! Our boards may be some of the most expensive to build in the world but we find ways to make sure our prices are more than reasonable. Straight forward with no gimmicks, no overblown marketing budget, responsible manufacturing with almost zero waste, nearly everything done in-house and our main source of sales is referrals then we pass the savings on to you.
We do a lot of R&D, design 100% of every product ourselves, and we maintain quality that’s far superior.
Thank you for the support!!!
Please try it out!
If your buy one of our boards or other gear and it doesn't noticably make your life better in some way or if you aren't completely satisfied with the craftsmanship and performance, we will help you to ship it back and give you 100% of your money back - just a thanks for giving it a shot!
So long as the item purchased doesn't show abnormal signs of wear and tear, and it's within 30-days of your purchase receipt and/or delievery reciept, we will offer you the choice of a 100% refund or 110% in-store credit towards a different product of your choice.
Buy and Try for 30 days, and Pay Later with Blispay, + 2% Cash Back on purchase. Learn More
Outside of the United States and certain territories of Canada, we are unable to cover return shipping due to prohibitive costs. Hydrus will always work with customers in any region to ensure that the board they recieve is free of defect and shipping damage.
*Custom boards and other products may not apply. *See terms or contact us for full details.
Armalight Care and Tips
All Armalight boards are lovingly hand-made by us right here in the USA. So, a slight variance in weight and appearance is natural. Paddleboard weights may vary +/-3lbs. This variance will not affect performance. Boards on the heavier side will be quite a bit more durable and may carry speed better in between paddle strokes.
Nothing is indestructable. Armalight boards are just better. We could make a board bulletproof but it would be far too heavy. We aim for a balance of durability and weight depending on the boards' purpose and the rider's preference.
A very slightly textured surface relieves surface tension caused by the viscosity of water, allowing an object to move through more freely. Our matte finish emulates high-tech watercraft to have the fastest surface texture possible.
Threats to any SUP include; standing on boards while on dry land, over-tightening hold-down straps and too much heat without a board cover.
Repairs to Armalight can be easier that repairing fiberglass or plastic. Contact us, and we will be happy to guide you through.
Like all high-quality foam core boards, you need to be aware of too much heat. EPS foam has a softening point of around 190F Degrees. This temperature can be reached if your board is left to "bake" in the sun uncovered. Too much radiant heat from the top of a vehicle can be especially dangerous. Be aware of reflected and radiant heat.
We highly recommend one of our Heat Shield Board Covers. Insulated board bags are okay. We do not reommend board socks.
The toughest, most functional boards on water - all back by our Limited Lifetime warranty on materials and construction.
You are going to get the most from your money!!
From the get-go we wanted to build a business that has a positive impact on the world. Part of that is building the best products we can with no gimmicks or shortcuts and then treating customers fairly.
How many products do you own that you truly love?? ....Hydrus.
Hydrus unconditionally guarantees all products we sell to be free from defects of workmanship. We will gladly replace or refund any defective items you wish to return according to the terms of our Limited Lifetime Warranty.